Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Nov-20 2:51 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Happy
AgePosted: 2013-Oct-06 10:10 am 

thedarkheart wrote:
(foil Tarmogoyf)Is it just as pricey as the time spiral version?

SCG has the Future Sight version - albeit out of stock - at $500 where the Modern Masters version is at $400.

In other news: HOLY SHIT that's an expensive card :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-06 2:28 pm 

green slime wrote:
I was over the moon happy when I cracked a foil Tarmgoyf from my second last Modern Master's booster.

Shame that thing doesn't do much for EDH.... LoL, so it sits in the binder.

Well, if you have no intention of playing it, why not convert it into several things that ARE EDH playable? Might be hard to find an appropriate partner for that trade, but it seems like you could do pretty well there.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-06 3:03 pm 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
green slime wrote:
I was over the moon happy when I cracked a foil Tarmgoyf from my second last Modern Master's booster.

Well, if you have no intention of playing it, why not convert it into several things that ARE EDH playable? Might be hard to find an appropriate partner for that trade, but it seems like you could do pretty well there.

It's a surprisingly easy process to just sell it through eBay. Grant it you lose 10% in fees but way better than losing 60% at a LGS.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-06 3:24 pm 

sniper_ix wrote:
Sid the Chicken wrote:
green slime wrote:

It's a surprisingly easy process to just sell it through eBay. Grant it you lose 10% in fees but way better than losing 60% at a LGS.

You can also be screwed over pretty hard if you're a seller. The buyer protection means eBay almost never sides with you.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-07 3:05 am 

Wayne Viktorius wrote:
You can also be screwed over pretty hard if you're a seller. The buyer protection means eBay almost never sides with you.

No kidding, you cant even give a bad rating to a buyer anymore!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-07 3:01 pm 

Wayne Viktorius wrote:

There is other sites which you can sell through (tcgplayer/amazon) as well. I've sold lots and individuals through eBay with no problems, but I guess it differs from person to person.

Personally I don't really see better options for such expensive cards. LGS trades are such a ripoff, and finding local players with that much cash or value in trades is rare. Such is the life of narrow market products.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-07 3:06 pm 

On topic:

I bought a wasteland not long ago. It was a happy seeing it arrive in the mail.

Nothing like having zero shame about wasteland'ing w/o worrying about it being proxied.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-07 3:06 pm 

sniper_ix wrote:
LGS trades are such a ripoff, and finding local players with that much cash or value in trades is rare. Such is the life of narrow market products.

I was thinking more in terms of going to the next major mtg event in the area (Grand Prix, Pro Tour, SCG Open, or whatever), where there are usually more people with valuable cards, plus vendors, and a decent trade or sale is more likely.

Or there's always EBay.

Regardless, having $4-500 sitting in a binder is pimp and all, and I suppose one could sit on it for a few years hoping the value spikes even higher, but if it were me, I'd be selling that sucker off for a bunch of goodies.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Oct-07 3:07 pm 

sniper_ix wrote:
Wayne Viktorius wrote:

There is other sites which you can sell through (tcgplayer/amazon) as well. I've sold lots and individuals through eBay with no problems, but I guess it differs from person to person.

Personally I don't really see better options for such expensive cards. LGS trades are such a ripoff, and finding local players with that much cash or value in trades is rare. Such is the life of narrow market products.

There's always that one guy at the LGS with the deep collection... He might not come the day you were there but I'm sure if you asked the owner he could tell you when some of the heavy hitters show up. Also, big tournaments bring out traders so just look for a SCG Open, PTQ, etc...

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Nov-19 4:00 pm 

So my LGS switched things up and did sealed deck for FNM instead of draft. I opened;
Anger of the Gods
Arbor Colossus
Polukranos, World Eater
Hammer of Purphoros
Temple of Abandon
Foil Xenagos, the Reveler

Plus Triad of Fates, and enough R/G commons and uncommons to support the bombs effectively.

Went undefeated, was quite happy.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Dec-04 8:46 am 

Shabbaman wrote:
Yes, I'm happy. Happy, because I just got hold of a Phyrexian Tower. Maybe I could've tried harder and got hold of it sooner, as it isn't the rarest of cards. It's not an easy card to get though, every time I shop I check for availability and I haven't seen a shop (in Holland) that had them in store. We're talking years, not months.

Online shopping never crossed your mind? I can go find a Phyrexian Tower right now from half a dozen shops without getting my ass out of this chair.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Dec-04 9:14 am 

I traded in my Show and Tell to Cardkingdom and got a Yawgmoth's Will, Survival of the Fittest and a judge foil Command Tower...I love trading in subpar EDH cards for the really good stuff. (I'm sure SnT can be good EDH)

Starke of Rath -> Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Dec-04 7:12 pm 

mordwyr wrote:
Shabbaman wrote:
Yes, I'm happy. Happy, because I just got hold of a Phyrexian Tower. Maybe I could've tried harder and got hold of it sooner, as it isn't the rarest of cards. It's not an easy card to get though, every time I shop I check for availability and I haven't seen a shop (in Holland) that had them in store. We're talking years, not months.

Online shopping never crossed your mind? I can go find a Phyrexian Tower right now from half a dozen shops without getting my ass out of this chair.

Actually, although not apparent from my post, I was talking about online shops. I think I bought the card abroad eventually.

scatteredsun wrote:
I traded in my Show and Tell to Cardkingdom and got a Yawgmoth's Will, Survival of the Fittest and a judge foil Command Tower...I love trading in subpar EDH cards for the really good stuff. (I'm sure SnT can be good EDH)

I don't know if I would play SnT in EDH. I had one for my legacy reanimator deck (just like I had one Underground Sea...), but when one wasn't enough I eventually traded it because I was fairly sure I wouldn't be playing it. I'm sure it can be wacky, but somehow I expect giant eldrazi's or Omniscience across the board. If that is the play I was looking for I'd still be playing legacy (though that's not a topic for the Happy-thread). Not the judge foil SotF btw?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Dec-05 2:20 am 

Nah, I tried to trade it away but no one wanted the damned thing. I only got $58 in credit so I had to stick with non-shiny.

Starke of Rath -> Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Dec-05 6:34 pm 

It doesn't have the right card frame anyway.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next