Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Nov-19 9:02 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Happy
AgePosted: 2015-Jul-19 7:29 pm 

I'm happy because last saturday my wife put a creature of the type female human into play. Both women are healthy, for which I'm grateful.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jul-19 8:23 pm 

Shabbaman wrote:
I'm happy because last saturday my wife put a creature of the type female human into play. Both women are healthy, for which I'm grateful.

Congrats!

Obligatory:

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jul-19 8:25 pm 

I'm happy, because despite having the most life changing stressful year I think I'll have in a long time (my daughter was born, but my wife passed away shortly after, and I made the decision to move cities), things are finally looking a bit up again.

I sold my home in a very hot market and get to build a warm safe home for my daughter and I in a small seaside town in one of the most beautiful areas in New Zealand. ETA 4 months, but I leave tomorrow to start our new little adventure.

My daughter is healthy and wonderful and we are going to be ok. I can't ask for more.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jul-19 8:31 pm 

Shabbaman wrote:

Double posting because its worth it and didn't want/plan to steal your thunder.

Super congratulations to you friend (both of us really). Your life will forever be more fulfilled from this day forward, my daughters been my anchor and I haven't been able to imagine a day without her since she was born.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jul-19 9:01 pm 

GoodbyeWorld wrote:
I'm happy, because despite having the most life changing stressful year I think I'll have in a long time (my daughter was born, but my wife passed away shortly after, and I made the decision to move cities), things are finally looking a bit up again.

I sold my home in a very hot market and get to build a warm safe home for my daughter and I in a small seaside town in one of the most beautiful areas in New Zealand. ETA 4 months, but I leave tomorrow to start our new little adventure.

My daughter is healthy and wonderful and we are going to be ok. I can't ask for more.
Cool, and best of luck! Whereabouts in New Zealand? I'm in Dunedin :)

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jul-19 9:05 pm 

Viperion wrote:
Cool and best of luck! Whereabouts in New Zealand? I'm in Dunedin :)

Tasman region :)

Came very close to picking Dunedin (affordability + gigatown) and it would be still considered my backup.

Last edited by GoodbyeWorld on 2015-Jul-19 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jul-19 9:05 pm 

Shabbaman wrote:

Congrats Shabbaman!

Sissay 5c Superfriends
Morophon Eldrazi (5C Devoid)
Grenzo's Goblins

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jul-19 9:17 pm 

GoodbyeWorld wrote:
Double posting because its worth it and didn't want/plan to steal your thunder.

I'm at a loss of words for your kindness. I can't imagine life without my wife. With children around at least there's a lot of love to fill your heart; I know my heart is full of it. Congratulations with your daughter and good luck to you. At least you live in a beautiful country with kind people!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jul-19 10:50 pm 

GoodbyeWorld wrote:
Viperion wrote:
Cool and best of luck! Whereabouts in New Zealand? I'm in Dunedin :)
Tasman region :)

Came very close to picking Dunedin (affordability + gigatown) and it would be still considered my backup.
You forgot the crushing cold :P

Drop me a line if you're ever down this way, we'll get some games in :)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jul-20 3:34 am 

Congrats to both of you with newly expanded families.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jul-20 3:53 am 

I wish you and yours well, Shabbaman. Families are a lot of work, but can be very rewarding.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jul-20 8:27 am 

Congratulations, Shabbaman and GoodbyeWorld! We just had a son in the winter, joining our half dozen daughters, and I can tell you that children are an absolute blessing.

GoodbyeWorld, my condolences on the loss of your wife. I have no words for that.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jul-20 12:42 pm 

Isabelle wrote:
joining our half dozen daughters

Sweet Jemima! That's a lot of kids!

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jul-20 12:47 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

Gratz Shabbaman.

I'm happy because
1) I got into grad school
2) We bought a new house and it will have a 760 square foot nerd space: RPG Pit, home theater, and eventually one of those game tables from hell (plus my office).

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jul-20 7:43 pm 

Sheldon wrote:
Gratz Shabbaman.

I'm happy because
1) I got into grad school
2) We bought a new house and it will have a 760 square foot nerd space: RPG Pit, home theater, and eventually one of those game tables from hell (plus my office).

But you live too far away from France to share your wine cellar clear-out with me! Not happy! :wink:

Sissay 5c Superfriends
Morophon Eldrazi (5C Devoid)
Grenzo's Goblins

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next