Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Nov-20 2:12 am

Post subject: Re: Judge Program Changes
AgePosted: 2019-Aug-02 4:42 pm 

(Disclaimer: I don't play in any formats that require judges, really)

I'm pretty sure the nearest Level 1 is 300km away, and there are something like 5 Level 2's in my country.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Aug-03 7:59 am 

Thor_Naadoh wrote:
Willbender wrote:
You may not need more judges in larger metropolitan areas, but anywhere in the Midwest not named Minneapolis or Boulder is kinda low in judge density.

And that's not even talking about OTHER regions of planet Earth. We're even short on product supply at times.

Yeah, I hear you.

But reading between the lines, I think the new company's priority is building a cadre of professionals to work big events in major metro areas. If you're the kind of judge who enjoys traveling to work weekends at a GP or big SCG events, this will probably be a good change for you. For other judges, I'm not getting good vibes.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Aug-04 3:22 pm 

PrimeTime4Life wrote:
I think it’s a great move. Hopefully this will weed out the creeps and pedophiles that have ruined the judge community for so long. I’d feel a lot safer letting my kids go to an event on their own knowing that whatever judge is there has had a background check.

I foresee it going very much the opposite direction. You are moving all the registration to online, no one has to cross check who you are, and you dont have anyone as your reference. It could end up like becoming a priest online.

Playing Online:
Noyan Darr & Sedris Zombie Guy

Offline Profile