Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Nov-14 5:22 pm

Post subject: Kalemne Giants at War
AgePosted: 2019-Oct-06 11:41 pm 

Hello All,

I have been wanting to build a Kalemne deck for a while, I did have the precon with some minor modifications before and it was pretty okay for a beginner deck. I think I can do better. Here is a list that I think could be improved: If it has an "O" that means I already own it, if it has an "X" I am thinking of cutting it, if it doesn't have a letter next to it I am lukewarm with it and could replace or keep it depending on how long it takes to finish the deck (i.e. the more time it takes the more likely something better will be found.)

Ancient Amphitheater O
Boros Garrison O
Boros Guildgate O
Command Tower O
Drifting Meadow O
Evolving Wilds O
Forgotten Cave O
Secluded Steppe O
Smoldering Crater O
Terramorphic Expanse O
Vivid Crag O
Vivid Meadow O
Wind-Scarred Crag O

Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas O
Angel of Serenity O
Arbiter of Knollridge O
Boldwyr Intimidator O
Borderland Behemoth O
Brion Stoutarm O
Desolation Giant
Enraged Giant
Giant Harbinger O
Gisela, Blade of Goldnight O
Hamletback Goliath O
Hundred-Handed One O
Inferno Titan O
Jareth, Leonine Titan O
Kalemne's Captain O
Magma Giant O
Magus of the Wheel O
Quarry Colossus O
Realm-Cloaked Giant O
Sentinel of the Eternal Watch
Stinkdrinker Daredevil O
Stonehewer Giant O
Sun Titan O
Sunrise Sovereign O
Swathcutter Giant O
Thundercloud Shaman O
Victory's Herald O

Banishing Light X
Belbe's Portal
Boros Cluestone O
Boros Locket O
Boros Signet O
Breath of Darigaaz O
Cast Out O
Chained to the Rocks O
Coldsteel Heart O
Commander's Sphere O
Crib Swap O
Crush Underfoot X
Darksteel Ingot O
Darksteel Mutation O
Disaster Radius O
Embercleave O
Expedition Map O
Fall of the Hammer X
Kindred Boon O
Kindred Charge O
Loxodon Warhammer O
Meteor Blast O
Mind Stone O
O-Naginata O
Orim's Thunder O
Sarkhan's Unsealing O
Seer's Sundial O
Sol Ring O
Swiftfoot Boots O
Sword of Vengeance O
Tenza, Godo's Maul O
Vorrac Battlehorns O
Warstorm Surge O
Where Ancients Tread O
Worn Powerstone O

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Kalemne Giants at War
AgePosted: 2019-Oct-07 1:42 pm 

Sadly not so many Boros giant goodies in Eldraine. No love for Bonecrusher Giant? Maybe I'm forever in this mode where I believe Boros has to squeeze every last drop out of every card, but I think he's worthwhile; aggressively costed, an upside, and an instant anti-fog burn seems really good for an on-tribe specimen. The only thing not to like is that it doesn't trigger Kalemne's experience, because it is somehow too aggressively costed.

Have you considered Protector of the Crown? The monarch might be welcome card advantage, and PotC is an on-tribe option with an upside (though the stats are pretty horrible).

The only other thing I like that's missing is Palisade Giant. She protects you (and actually everyone on your team). If you can prevent damage to her or make her indestructible (with something like Darksteel Plate), all the better.

Finally, the precon came with Urza's Incubator, but it seems to not be in your list...

Follow me on Twitter: @generalspeak

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Kalemne Giants at War
AgePosted: 2019-Nov-07 11:13 am 

Sinis wrote:
Sadly not so many Boros giant goodies in Eldraine. No love for Bonecrusher Giant? Maybe I'm forever in this mode where I believe Boros has to squeeze every last drop out of every card, but I think he's worthwhile; aggressively costed, an upside, and an instant anti-fog burn seems really good for an on-tribe specimen. The only thing not to like is that it doesn't trigger Kalemne's experience, because it is somehow too aggressively costed.

Have you considered Protector of the Crown? The monarch might be welcome card advantage, and PotC is an on-tribe option with an upside (though the stats are pretty horrible).

The only other thing I like that's missing is Palisade Giant. She protects you (and actually everyone on your team). If you can prevent damage to her or make her indestructible (with something like Darksteel Plate), all the better.

Finally, the precon came with Urza's Incubator, but it seems to not be in your list...

I have two Bonecrusher Giant, one I got from a Collectors Booster and it is all pretty... I might have to put it in. I didn't because I figured it wouldn't trigger Kalemne but the anti-fog tech I didn't think about. I should probably find a Protector of the Crown as $0.50 is a decent price even it it does end up getting cut. (2/5 for 5W is just hard to justify unless I can basically guarantee I keep the monarch.) Palisade Giant as a 2/7 hurts my aggro heart. I mean, I do have some equipment, but most of the good stuff is in Syr Gwyn... decisions decisions...

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile