Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Nov-20 2:34 am

Post subject: Let's try to build the perfect Persistent Petitioners deck
AgePosted: 2019-Mar-05 1:58 pm 

The idea started with gagging the power level of what a Persistent Petitioners">Persistent Petitioners should be. My play group largely consists of mostly highly tuned deck with power level around 8, so I want to build a deck that is able to survive and thrive in my group. But clearly a mill strategy is not that strong in EDH, so I went with a group hug mill route and play the politics. Since the difference in power at the beginning is so big, most players won't pay much attention to you. Plus mass card drawn is the most successful feel good strategy for group hug and with enchantments discouraging other player from targeting you and card draw in some way is just another to mill your opponents and with adviser mill to carry the deck in the final stretch of the race everything starting to take shape and form the basis of this deck. After play testing I realize I don’t need that many Persistent Petitioners because the best way to use petitioners is to hold it in your hand until in the last stretch when you see a opening or disrupt a player’s win con that has to do with the library manipulation therefore no need for cards likeBloodbond March">Bloodbond March, Wood Sage">Wood Sage, Thrumming Stone">Thrumming Stoneetc. Instead I added counterspells for win con disruption and my own jinky combo likeMindcrank">Mindcrank : Duskmantle Guildmage">Duskmantle Guildmage andPhyrexian Unlife">Phyrexian Unlife: Solemnity">Solemnity to increase my win percentage if I get to the final 1v1. This deck is ablt to get second play fairly consistantly and from time to time that mill strategy does work if game is longer than 8 turns. Overall I'm happy with what I got here as a base. Please share your thoughts and ideas on how to build and improve. Mill has always been the unicorn strategy for EDH and having a card like Persistent Petitioners real invok the community's interests.Let's work together and try to build the perfect Persistent Petitioners deck.

Here is my take to get everyone started:

This is a group hug plus mill jinky deck. I have given many thought on what color combo and cammander to use for the Petitioners. The goal of this deck is to aim for second place and hopefully when we live long enough by the time it's the finally player the library of that player had been used low enough for us to steal a win from time to time.

:D :D decklist: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/group-hug-adviser-mill/ :D :D

Last edited by qzomak on 2019-Mar-05 2:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Let's try to build the perfect Persistent Petitioners deck
AgePosted: 2019-Mar-05 2:00 pm 

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/group-hug-adviser-mill/

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-05 2:09 pm 

so I have first decide the color identity of the deck should be 4 color (UWGB). Mainly UW for obvious reasons. To support this color as the General after a few revs I have seattle in the partner commanders of [card]Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix[/card] and Tymna the Weaver">Tymna the Weaver.

For the most of the game we are playing a don't look at me I am just spreading some love game so with Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix">Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix we can cash in on all those card draw.

Tymna the Weaver">Tymna the Weaver can help with even more card draw so they synergize very well. After after play testing it is very hard to keep both them on the table at the same time so our main goal is that have imediate value when anyone of them in played.

Last edited by qzomak on 2019-Mar-05 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-05 5:46 pm 

Commander(2):
Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix
Tymna the Weaver

Land (33)
1x Breeding Pool
1x City of Brass
1x Command Tower
1x Drowned Catacomb
1x Exotic Orchard
1x Flooded Strand
2x Forest
1x Godless Shrine
1x Hallowed Fountain
1x Hinterland Harbor
5x Island
1x Mana Confluence
1x Marsh Flats
1x Misty Rainforest
1x Mutavault
1x Overgrown Tomb
2x Plains
1x Reflecting Pool
1x Reliquary Tower
3x Swamp
1x Temple Garden
1x Unclaimed Territory
1x Watery Grave
1x Windswept Heath
1x Woodland Cemetery

Sorcery (7)
1x Demonic Tutor
1x Idyllic Tutor
1x Minds Aglow
1x Patriarch's Bidding
1x Replenish
1x Supreme Verdict
1x Windfall

Enchantment (17)
1x Collective Restraint
1x Dictate of Kruphix
1x Exploration
1x Grasp of Fate
1x Land Tax
1x Oblivion Ring
1x Phyrexian Unlife
1x Psychic Corrosion
1x Quest for Renewal
1x Rhystic Study
1x Smothering Tithe
1x Solemnity
1x Song of the Dryads
1x Sphere of Safety
1x Sphinx's Tutelage
1x Sterling Grove
1x Sylvan Library

Artifact (12)
1x Anvil of Bogardan
1x Azorius Signet
1x Chromatic Lantern
1x Darksteel Ingot
1x Font of Mythos
1x Howling Mine
1x Memory Jar
1x Mindcrank
1x Orzhov Signet
1x Simic Signet
1x Sol Ring
1x Thought Vessel

Creature (25)
1x Angel of Glory's Rise
1x Council of Advisors
1x Duskmantle Guildmage
1x Eternal Witness
1x Gaddock Teeg
1x Grand Arbiter Augustin IV
1x Jace's Archivist
1x Kami of the Crescent Moon
1x Kruphix, God of Horizons
1x Laboratory Maniac
1x Lady Sun
1x Loyal Retainers
1x Lu Su, Wu Advisor
1x Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker
1x Mirror Entity
1x Orzhov Advokist
9x Persistent Petitioners

Instant (4)
1x Counterspell
1x Enlightened Tutor
1x Pact of Negation
1x Vampiric Tutor

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-09 2:41 pm 

You may already be aware of this, but it wasn't mentioned in your posts that I saw... you can use Mirror Entity's ability to make all your creatures into Advisors (among other things), which means you can then tap all your dudes to use the Persistent Petitioner's second ability.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile